Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fat-Loss/Muscle-Builder Recipe #1: The Lean, Green and Clean Spinach Salad


Lee Ramos, my former personal trainer, introduced me to this salad. He dropped from about 240 pounds down to 215 in a few weeks. He started at an already lean 11% body fat and dropped down to 3% for a bodybuilding competition (he took third in the Over 50 Masters). This is the quick, fast meal that he used–and now I am, too. The ultimate fast food! Prep time is about 2 minutes.

Ingredients:

3 cups of organic baby spinach
1 can of low-sodium spring water albacore
1 tablespoon of unsalted organic sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons of low-calorie vinegarette dressing

Mix all the ingredients and serve (makes one serving).

NOTE: I like to mix my salad in a 32-ounce plastic, sealed container (like Glad). That way, I can shake and serve in a flash.

This delivers approximately 35 grams of protein, 10 grams of carbohydrates, and about 12 grams of polyunsaturated fat. The perfect combination to lose fat while building (or retaining) valuable lean muscle tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment